What is this position about and why would you want it?!
You would be joining the nascent Data & Analytics team within Redpill Linpro, where we together will build up a fun, challenging and rewarding team of data professionals! Working as a data engineering consultant based in a D&A team, that in turn is part of a greater team of other technical consultants within Redpill Linpro – will provide an excellent combination of continuous personal development, good salary and varying projects!
What specifically we will work on, will of course depend on ongoing projects, but generally the vision has a couple of overarching components:
- Technology: Google Cloud platform through Bigquery, Looker & Data Studio, BQML, Vertex AI and more, is going to be our main focus. Not limited to of course, since our clients will likely have a plethora of different tech stacks, and as a data professional we love to learn
- Utilizing the latest trends such as analytical engineering & ingestion platforms
- Learning: A typical treat of a true data professional is the need to keep developing, trying new things. Being coached, coaching others and supporting each others’ projects will be a core aspect of the team
- For the clients: Typically it costs a company more to have consultants compared to employees, however this will not be the case for us. We will be a team of experts that through experience, skills, using the right tools for the job and helping each other – will deliver serious value-for-money
- Teamwork: We will take inspiration from other consulting industries such as management consulting, and utilize the synergies found in combining seniors with juniors in projects. For more leverage on the seniors’ experience and higher efficiency/learning for the juniors
A BI engineer typically needs to have a combination of skills within business acumen, technical understand, design and manipulation of data models and understand how best data can be consumed by an organisation. Acting as a consultant also adds an additional dimension where communication & collaboration skills are highly valuable.
This is an opportunity for you to:
As a consultant you will be allowed to really focus on the project at hand
- As a consultant you will see more companies, projects, data environments – which can be challenging but also developing!
- Work with other D&A ambitious colleagues who likes to learn and move fast
- Be part of a larger group of technical consultants
- Be able to boost your salary through your performance
Experience & training we believe that you have:
Theory: You have a strong and relevant academic background that supports you in your work. Such as computer science, engineering, Mathematics, informatics or a related degree
- BI tools: Doing dashboards and reports is your forte and you are an expert in at least one of the following, and probably decent at some of the others; Looker, Tableau, QlikSense, PowerBI, DataStudio
- Data sources: You have at least some skills with databases on-premise and cloud options. However, you are definitely comfortable adapting to any data source more or less that presents itself!
- Analysis: Even if doing analysis may not be your forte, you are at a minimum skilled at supporting the business in delivering it, and understanding the business requirements around it
- Experience: You have a minimum of 2 years of experience working as a data professional, with at least 1 of those in a Business intelligence role. More for a senior role